What is a cyber security managed service provider?
A cyber security managed service provider provides outsourced monitoring and management of security devices and systems. It is also called a managed cybersecurity provider or MSSP. It differs from a CSSP because the security services are provided as part of end-to-end IT coverage, including:
- Monitoring your system and supporting your team 24/7/365.
- Making sure your infrastructure is secure by searching for risks/gaps and identifying other vulnerabilities.
- Closing any gaps and providing recommendations to implement specific security and productivity improvements.
- Proactively responding to attacks, usually blocking them before they breach your system.
- Provide ongoing training for the number one weakest link (your staff) in any security chain.
Cyber security managed service providers package these into a flat rate monthly fee allowing you to plan your company’s technology needs in a faster and better way.